The Master Locksmiths Association (MLA) have recently published an article regarding uPVC locks and how to find a solution to any problems you may be having with the operation of your uPVC door and window locks. By selecting a locksmith via the MLA website, you will have the peace of mind that the locksmith calling at your home will have been vetted and inspected and they will be qualified to do the job you require completed. Alexandra Locksmiths are a member of the MLA and Paul has recently been appointed MLA Secretary for the London area.
Regarding any uPVC door or window lock issues the MLA states…
“There are a number of reasons why a UPVC Door or Window lock will need repairing if it is broken or damaged, you will either be able to fix the problem or you might need a replacement. Our advice is to contact your nearest local locksmith who will be able to advise you on the best solution.”
Alexandra Locksmiths are uPVC specialists and can assist with any query regarding your doors and windows, not just the locks. Some of our services include:
- Checking the operation of your uPVC door
- uPVC lock fitting service
- uPVC lock repairs and replacements
- When a multipoint locking mechanism has failed or is faulty we can replace the door locking mechanism.
- When you want your locks working off a new key or your lock is faulty, we can replace the locks and cylinder.
- Fitting higher security cylinders with a registered security key; these cylinders are also harder to drill, pick or bump open.
- Fitting cylinders with a thumb turn on the inside to comply with fire regulations.
- Door opening service (non emergency and emergency) to gain entry if your door lock or mechanism is faulty or you have lost your keys.
Should you require any further information regarding the operation and/or security of your uPVC doors and windows then please do not hesitate to contact us.