We’ve created an infographic to show you some interesting stats about crime in London, particularly burglary.
Click the image to view a larger version or scroll to the bottom for some information about the statistics.
The infographic shows a number of statistics about crime (particularly burglary) in London:
A recent report shows that as many as 1 in 5 crimes may not be recorded (and furthermore, an unknown number of burglaries and attempted burglaries are not reported at all). (Source: HMIC report on Crime Recording and)
12 of the 20 most burgled postcodes in 2013 were in the London area. (Source: Moneysupermarket.com)
Approximately one third of burglaries in London are committed against businesses, and the other two thirds buy ambien with visa against residential properties. (Source: the Metropolitan Police crime figures)
Under these statistics we detail a number of different ways you can protect your home:
- Install a safe for your valuables;
- Install security lighting to deter burglars and make darker areas more visible at night;
- Make sure you have window locks and that you remember to lock them at night and when you go out;
- Install a burglar alarm;
- Make sure you have British Standard locks on your doors;
- Install CCTV cameras;
- Security Grilles can add an extra layer of protection for windows and doors;
- Additional door bolts add to your existing door security;
- Extra locks can help to secure your garage and outbuildings;
- Padlocks offer a quick solution for gates and sheds;
- Lock away tools, garden furniture and toys rather than leaving them out in your garden.
Share this infographic:
Crime in London – An infographic by the team at Alexandra Locksmiths